30 Jul EPS market: perspectives
AIPE (Italian Association of Expanded Polystyrene) has published an article published in the British magazine Global Gypsum Magazine, written by Martin Wiesweg, regarding the prospects for the development of the EPS market.
The article considers the moment to be decidedly good, with a growth prospect of 3.3% in 2019 and 3.6% for 2020, representing 26% of the market for insulators to which is added on 6 % of XPS, compared to 37% for glass wool and 22% for rock wool. Furthermore, demand should also increase by 2% every year until 2025, with the maximum expected percentage for the 2015-2026 combination.
As regards the market shares held by countries in the EU regarding insulation materials, the 2017 projections show that 6 countries including Germany (19%), France (13%), Poland (11%), United Kingdom ( 11%), Italy (8%) and Spain (6%) hold 70%. The remaining 30% is divided among the remaining countries belonging to the EU.
Full text: Global and European EPS market perspectives